The Office Manager/Accountant will be responsible for a variety of duties involving administrative, accounting, financial and other general office functions. They will coordinate a variety of activities relating to employees, customers, suppliers, auditors, banks, regulatory agencies and others.
Candidates must be familiar in general accounting principles and have a desire for accuracy. Qualified applicants must have the ability to multi-task, understand various aspects of the business, and perform a variety of tasks on any given day. They must be able to manage their time effectively and independently. This is an exceptional opportunity for a highly motivated, detail oriented person, with excellent interpersonal skills, and a desire to grow with the company.
Key Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Collect and input accounts payables with accuracy and efficiency
- Accounts Receivable
- Weekly Payroll Implementation. This includes calculating time sheets, updating employee information, salary changes, bonuses, and any employee deductions.
- Be a resource for employees who have questions on their paystubs & benefits.
- Create sub-contracts for awarded IDOT (Department of Transportation) jobs
- Submit subcontractors certified payroll to IDOT
- Create supplier lien waivers for monthly payments
- Enter new hire paperwork, employee changes, and reports for new employees
- General office duties (i.e. copying, filing, making appointments, answering phone, communicating messages)
- Greet customers and suppliers in a courteous and professional manner
- Perform bank and post office errands
- Provide misc. administrative support to owner when needed
- Attend pre-construction meetings, if needed, to take notes
- Submit / deliver bids when necessary
- Provide information and communicates with potential residents that may be affected by an upcoming project when needed
- Training/education in record keeping, bookkeeping/accounting, office management
- High school diploma or equivalent; prefer Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Some previous experience in the construction field preferred
- Must be proficient in Quickbooks, Word, Excel and accounting practices and procedures.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to use own initiative, good judgement and dependability
- Valid driver’s license